For the second successive year, the Auditor General, Charles Deguara presented a compendium of follow-up reports carried out on a number of audits undertaken over the past few years to the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Hon. Anglu Farrugia. This year the National Audit Office has once again identified a number of audits carried out in recent years with a view of monitoring the implementation or otherwise of the main recommendations made therein. The purpose is to establish whether, and to what extent, shortcomings and issues identified in past audits are being addressed by the Ministries and entities concerned.
An analysis on the degree of implementation of this Office’s recommendations was undertaken on the following past audit reports:
Financial and Compliance Audits:
- Heritage Malta
- Mount Carmel Hospital Expenditure
- Medicines Authority
- Malta Gaming Authority
- Ministry for Transport, Infrastructure and Capital Projects
- Office of the Prime Minister – Energy Project
- The General Practitioner Function – The core of primary health care
- Enforcement Action by MEPA within the Outside Development Zone
- Tackling Domestic Violence
- An Analysis of the Pharmacy of Your Choice Scheme
- Institute of Tourism Studies
- Housing Authority
This Office notes that 47% of recommendations analysed by NAO were fully implemented by the Ministries and entities concerned, 38% were partly implemented, while 15% showed no developments or little progress.
To view report (.PDF) please follow link.